Where there is Rum, there is Fun
This Trip will take you to the discovery of the most renowned rum distilleries of the island. You will also explore the manufacturing of our local lychee wine. The road between the various stops wandering from the centre to the south of the island is filled with picturesque sceneries and serene landscapes.
The Curious corner of Chamarel is an interesting attraction for all age groups. The different installations produce optical illusions that are sure to trigger and challenge anyone’s logic. The site proposes different entertaining rooms; the Upside-Down room, the Ames room, the Mirror Maze and the Laser Music room.
Rhumerie de Chamarel
Nestled in the middle of Chamarel, the rhumerie de Chamarel is a true architectural wonder, designed by the Mauritian architect, Maurice Giraud. This rum factory is one of the few in Mauritius to have its own sugar cane plantations, allowing the fresh harvests to be transported in only four hours to the distillery. You will have the opportunity to end the visit with a rum tasting.
Takamaka Boutique Winery
The Takamaka Boutique Winery is situated in Mare aux Vacoas, in the centre of the island. It is the only winery dedicated to lychee wine production. This winery reflects the vision of the oenologist Alexander Oxenham who wanted to bring a change in the art of wine making. The winery currently produces five wines; only rosé and white wines.
St Aubin Rum Distillery
Situated in the south of Mauritius, the St Aubin Rum Distillery is in a charming colonial house. The rum factory has more than 200 expertise in distillery and is notorious for being the first to create the sugar cane-based rum of Mauritius. The estate also includes an anthurium greenhouse, a vanilla nursery and a gift shop.
9 am to 5 pm
Any day except Sundays and public holidays.
Approximately 8 hours
- Curious Corner
- Rhumerie de Chamarel
- Takamaka Boutique Winery
- Lunch at Takamaka
- St Aubin Rhum Distillery
- Lunch at Takamaka Winery
- Veg and Non-Veg option available
- Entry tickets and rum tasting
- 1 bottle of water per person during your trip
- 1 protection pouch (1 mask and 1 sanitizer)
Suitable for physically challenged person
- Cap or Hat
- sunscreen lotion
- Mosquito repellent
- Seat in coach – available everyday provided there is a minimum of 4 guests booking the tour except Sundays
- Private tour – available every day except Sundays
- No minimum of number of guests for private tour
The sugarcane plant was introduced in Mauritius in 1639 by the Dutch.
Chamarel is an ideal location for sugar cane cultivation as the valley is very fertile and benefits from its own micro climate.
- No Show: confirmed clients do not show up for departure: 100% cancellation fee
- Cancellation 24 hrs. before departure :100% cancellation fee
- Cancellation 48 hrs. before departure:50% cancellation fee
- Weather conditions not suitable to clients: 100% cancellation fee
- Bad weather -cancellation before departure: Full refund
- Bad weather -cancellation during excursion: Partial refund
- The menu is subject to change without notice
- Beverages are not included