There’s always time for tea
Get ready to be immersed in the delicate flavors of history in this marvelous tour. There’s always time for tea will start its visit in a charming colonial house in the highlands of the island, find yourself in a tea plantation, continue with a mystical waterfall, and end with the wild beauty of the cliffs of Gris Gris.
Domaine des Aubineaux
Domaine des Aubineaux is a splendid colonial house, situated in Curepipe and built in 1872. The house has kept all its period furniture from the 17th century and has now been converted to a museum dedicated to tea. The property includes an elegant garden of camphor and fruit trees as well as a lake filled with water lilies.
Bois Chéri Tea Factory
Bois Chéri is the largest producer of tea on the island. The plantation dates back to 1892, the oldest one in Mauritius and covers 250 hectares. The factory is surrounded by magnificent flourishing vegetation with a gorgeous lake and picturesque views of the south.
Le Batelage Restaurant
Located in Souillac, Le Batelage Restaurant offers creole and Chinese seafood specialties. The restaurant is in a peaceful and enchanting haven by the water and surrounded by a rich flourishing nature. You are sure to spend a refreshing moment there.
Situated a few kilometres from Souillac in the district of Savanne, Rochester Falls is a magnificent waterfall, nestled in luxuriant vegetation. The rectangular flank rocks make for spectacular scenery. The waterfall bears its name from the novel, Jane Eyre, written by Charlotte Brontë. With a height of only 10 metres, people often jump from its top to enjoy a nice swim in the river.
La Vanille Nature Park
La Vanille Nature Park is a reserve, located in Rivière des Anguilles. Built in 1985, the park covers 3.5 hectares of the south of the island. The reserve features the fauna and flora of Mauritius and the surrounding islands of the Indian Ocean. You will also observe the Nile crocodiles and the impressive collection of Jacques Siedlecki, representing more than 23 000 species of insects, including butterflies and beetles.
Gris Gris is one of the most beautiful and wildest beaches in the south of Mauritius. The absence of coral reef barriers brings huge and forceful waves crashing down the shore. The perfect viewpoint is up the cliffs, providing an impressive view of the sea, waves and rocky cliffs. Although, the beach is accessible, it is very dangerous for swimming, due to the strong and violent currents.
9 am to 5 pm
Any day except Sundays and public holidays.
Approximately 8 hours
- Domaine des Aubineaux
- Bois Chéri Tea Factory
- Le Batelage Restaurant
- Rochester Falls
- La Vanille Nature Park
- Gris Gris
- Lunch – La Table du Currybou
- Veg and Non-Veg option available
- 1 bottle of water per person during your trip
- 1 protection pouch (1 mask and 1 sanitizer)
Not suitable for physically challenged person
- Cap or Hat
- sunscreen lotion
- Mosquito repellent
- Seat in coach – available everyday provided there is a minimum of 4 guests booking the tour except Sundays
- Private tour – available every day except Sundays
- No minimum of number of guests for private tour
- Any food allergy or food restriction has to be notified during the booking
La Vanille Nature Park has the last surviving Aldabra giant tortoise, who can live over 100 years and has a weight of more than 250 kg.
The first tea plant was introduced by the French priest, Father Galloys. The botanist Pierre Poivre decided to plant it on a large scale as a museum plant. However, it was only with the arrival of the British in the 19th century that commercial tea cultivation was encouraged by Robert Farquar.
- No Show: confirmed clients do not show up for departure: 100% cancellation fee
- Cancellation 24 hrs. before departure :100% cancellation fee
- Cancellation 48 hrs. before departure:50% cancellation fee
- Weather conditions not suitable to clients: 100% cancellation fee
- Bad weather -cancellation before departure: Full refund
- Bad weather -cancellation during excursion: Partial refund
- The menu is subject to change without notice
- Beverages are not included