The South Quest
Situated in Phoenix, the glass gallery was founded in 1991 with the aim of recycling glass. The skilled craftsman uses the traditional blowing methods to create exclusive handmade pieces.
Trou aux Cerfs
Trou aux Cerfs is a dormant volcano, located in Curepipe, the centre of the island. The crater has a diameter of 350 metres and was formed less than 2 million years ago.
Curepipe Shopping at Voilier de l’Océan (Ship Model Factory)
This small workshop specializes in the manufacturing of ship models. All the stages of the manufacture are artisanal; from the carving of the wood to the setting of the sails.
Mare aux Vacoas
Mare aux Vacoas is the largest reservoir of the island and represents an important water supply to the Plaine Wilhems and Moka. The reservoir is surrounded by a beautiful dense forest.
Located in the district of Savanne, Grand Bassin, also known as the Ganga Talao is a crater lake. It is a sacred place for the Hindus of the island, who make a pilgrimage there during Maha Shivaratri.
This viewpoint on the Black River Gorges is located at the highest point of the gorges and offers impressive panoramic views over the majestic valleys of lush green vegetation.
Restaurant – La Table du Currybou
Situated in the former hunting camp Domaine St Denis in Plaine Champagne, the restaurant offers a local and gastronomic cuisine. La Table du Currybou has a splendid view over the domaine.
Coffee de Chamarel
The coffee de Chamarel is the only locally produced and commercialised coffee of the island. The coffee plantations dates back to 1967 and cultivates only one variety, the Arabica.
7 Coloured Earth
The small sand dunes of 7 distinct colors (approximately red, brown, violet, green, blue, purple and yellow) is a natural yet surprising phenomenon. The site is 600 million years old.
The Chamarel viewpoint offers a breath-taking panoramic view over the ebony forest, the western villages, islets and lagoons.
9 am to 5 pm
Any day except Sundays and public holidays.
Approximately 8 hours
- Glass Gallery
- Trou aux Cerfs
- Curepipe shopping at Voilier de L’Océan (ship model factory
- Mare aux Vacoas
- Grand Bassin
- Restaurant – La Table du Currybou
- Coffee de Chamarel
- 7 Coloured Earth
- Chamarel viewpoint
- Lunch – La Table du Currybou
- Veg and Non-Veg option available
- 1 bottle of water per person during your trip
- 1 protection pouch (1 mask and 1 sanitizer)
Suitable for physically challenged person
- Cap or Hat
- sunscreen lotion
- Mosquito repellent
- Seat in coach – available everyday provided there is a minimum of 4 guests booking the tour except Sundays
- Private tour – available every day except Sundays
- No minimum of number of guests for private tour
- Any food allergy or food restriction has to be notified during the booking
Grand Bassin apart from being a holy site for the Hindu community of Mauritius is also a caldera (extinct volcano).
The seven Colored Earths are a geological formation and prominent tourist attraction found in the Chamarel plain of the Rivière Noire District in south-western Mauritius. It is a relatively small area of sand dunes comprising sand of seven distinct colors (approximately red, brown, violet, green, blue, purple and yellow).
- No Show: confirmed clients do not show up for departure: 100% cancellation fee
- Cancellation 24 hrs. before departure :100% cancellation fee
- Cancellation 48 hrs. before departure:50% cancellation fee
- Weather conditions not suitable to clients: 100% cancellation fee
- Bad weather -cancellation before departure: Full refund
- Bad weather -cancellation during excursion: Partial refund
- The menu is subject to change without notice
- Beverages are not included